Latest topics
» Naruto Beginnings
Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin] Icon_minitimeby Xi Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:03 am

» Return of the top poster?!
Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin] Icon_minitimeby Ika Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:23 am

» A Lesson for the Tanuki
Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin] Icon_minitimeby Conceited Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:02 pm

» Meeting the New Generation
Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin] Icon_minitimeby OnyxLockdown Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:01 pm

» Ronin (Cl0sed)
Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin] Icon_minitimeby Makishima Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:55 pm

A Naruto RP for those into casual, but fast-paced Roleplay in an AU setting.

Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Conceited

Conceited

Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin] Empty
PostSubject: Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin]   Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 3:10 am

23kz1as_th.jpgBored. That had been the only emotion that Kali could use to describe her day-to-day life as a teacher to the future shinobi of Konoha. Her job as an ANBU had been far more exhilarating and thus, this, naturally paled in comparison. Alas, she had to turn away from such a career for reasons occasionally speculated by the populace. This job, by far, was safer. However, that safety brought a sense of mundane to her life and, sometimes, had her questioning her decision.

However, she did not regret it. Pined, yes. Regret, never. The whole point of being an academy teacher was so that she could see her child grow up. Seeing that bright smile and those arms reach out for a hug caused her heart to stir in a way that was slowly becoming the norm to her. Motherly instincts, her partner had proclaimed to her and she couldn’t argue. It was the birth of her daughter that caused this abrupt career change. If it had just remained her husband and herself, she did not think that she would have retired as an ANBU.

Despite the monotony of life, there were some days that brought something new into the equation - no matter how temporary. That happened to be dinner with the other jounins in town. Though she would not consider a single one a friend, they were acquainted enough for casual conversation. Factor in the fact they were no in charge of her former students, Kali could also use the excuse of seeing how they adjusted for this gathering.

Regardless, Kali was going to spend her time somewhere other than the academy or home. And that, she looked forward to. Thus, she departed from the academy about an hour after lessons ended for the day and made her way to the restaurant of choice - a quaint steakhouse in the middle of town.

Evening.”

She’d say to those already gathered before promptly taking a seat at the table.
Back to top Go down
Makishima

Makishima

PostSubject: Re: Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin]   Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 10:03 am

Whoever else had already arrived would get a surprise visitor shortly after the host took her seat. A waitress would suddenly slink into a chair opposite the academy teacher with a mischevious smile etched into her features. It turned out it wasn't just some employee having a break, it was none other than Rei Uchiha "Finally, I thought you'd never show up" Potentially it wasn't one of the people Kali might have been expecting. A young ANBU captain, having served under the former ANBU a number of times during her tenure. Perhaps it was their masks that made it difficult to remember, but it was had to remember the girl ever speaking in such a chipper tone when out on mission.

Of course, Rei held the rank of jounin but took no part in the training of the next generation. She did however, have a vested interest in whatever information she could gather. While to some it would seem like a rather quirky trait for a jounin to be wandering around doing odd jobs about the place, it was clear that the best place for information was with the public. "It's been real quiet so far, I would have expected it to be a little busy" Though the night was still young.

The ANBU smiles and leans forward onto the table, resting her chin atop clasped hands. "So, how have you been? Up to much?" This wasn't the talented young killer Kali would be used to. "Good choice on the resturant though, these guys are great. Really talented"
Back to top Go down
Conceited

Conceited

PostSubject: Re: Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin]   Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2020 3:30 am

23kz1as_th.jpgRei? Wait staff? Kali would be lying if she said she was totally surprised. Given the sort of things the young ANBU Captain did in her free time, her helping out at the steakhouse was within the realm of possibilities. However the two crossing each other’s path was purely coincidence, an act of fate, or orchestrated.

Regardless of the possibility, Kali could not say that Rei’s presence was unwelcome. She was a familiar face among a sea of jounin she did not know well enough. Sure, Kali could organically strike up a conversation, but, it was easier to get in the mood when there was someone she knew around. Even if she only knew Rei in a very limited capacity and, in a very specific setting.

“Teaching, nothing more.”

Kali replied to the inquiry with a small smile. She started and ended it there, as the whole affair would be enough to bore Rei to tears. And, frankly, there wasn’t much to talk about in regards to her new profession. Her students were respectful and she kept an orderly classroom. Thus, the usual stories one would expect from a teacher wrangling a bunch of kids were woefully absent from her book.

“You should be the one to regal me with tales. Like, why you are here during the downtime specifically?”
Back to top Go down
Makishima

Makishima

PostSubject: Re: Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin]   Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2020 4:41 am

Rei held back a laugh at the response to her sudden appearance, part of the joy of taking these little odd jobs was always surprising her colleagues like that. Though it seemed that she had also managed to wrangle up a free meal of her own, perhaps a steak that was far too big for the lithe Uchiha to handle. Not that it stopped her from getting right to it as the plate was handed out. "Oh? Is that all, come on now, you must be getting up to something interesting" She smiles sweetly and cuts into her meal. Trying to pry into the new teacher's private life.

Though war stories was something that she could talk about. Though most of what she did was classified black ops, there was certain parts she could go on about. "Oh? You know me, I just love to get about. Mingle with the villagers" Was the answer to her actual question, as much of a non-answer tha it was. "Besides, I needed a break after my last little trip. I just got back from Iwagakure..." that was never a good sign, the news had been dire from iwa recently. The whole village destroyed. What Rei had been sent there to do was hard to tell.
Back to top Go down
Conceited

Conceited

PostSubject: Re: Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin]   Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin] Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2020 1:48 am

23kz1as_th.jpg“I promise that life has being mundane since retirement. Nothing can compare to the thrill of my old job.”

Kali responded with a laugh.

“This sort of thing is the only break in my normal routine.”

She added, hoping to put the Uchiha’s curiosity down with those words. Though Rei was a good individual, Kali kept her private life private. Her husband would suggest paranoia, but she firmly believed that it was necessary. She had heard and seen too many stories of the past coming to bare their fangs.

Thus, a small mocking smile graced Kali face at the mention of Iwa - she was all too happy to change the subject. It sincerely did not make an ounce of sense how such a village profound enough to be among the big five could be wiped out with such ease. She could only turn to complacency for their swift downfall for regardless of the force, they should have come out on top and, worse for wear.

Though she did not feel sadden by their destruction, it did pose an issue to the remaining four powerhouses. Iwa’s destruction would, naturally, call into question the power Konoha - and the other villages - actually possessed. She could see smaller villages taking on delusions of grandeur and starting conflict to drop them down a peg or two. Or, even a fight to fill the power vacuum left in the wake of Iwa’s destruction.

But beyond that, there was also the pressing matter of who had acquired enough strength and resources to destroy a village outright. Though she was confident in Konoha’s ability to protect itself, she wasn’t arrogant. If it could happen to one, regardless of the circumstances, then it could happen to them.

“I imagine there was very little clue to what big bad took them out?”

She said as she rests her chin on her intertwined fingers. She was definitely looking for information as her current situation prevented her from going to investigate on her own.

“It's truly odd that they could not prevent their own doom."
[/color]
Back to top Go down
Makishima

Makishima

PostSubject: Re: Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin]   Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin] Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2020 4:59 am

"Unfortunately no, I wasn't tasked with investigation so I didn't spend any time looking into the cause" Rei couldn't really go into the reasoning for her mission, though she was providing hints that Kali might be able to figure out. If it wasn't an investigation, she would have been there for a target and if she had no information on those who had attacked the now fallen village that target wasn't a suspect in the attacks. "I have heard rumours, nothing substantial to go off of yet. Whoever it was, they must have been planning for some time to pull off something like that"

She picked through her meal, having somehow devoured half of the slab of meat on her plate already. "It's almost like the exact opposite of what happened to the Mist village. Did you hear about the Third Mizukage?" It had been somewhat overshadowed by the complete eradication of a village, but a young woman had recently slain the Mizukage in single combat. Barely older than Rei herself. She couldn't imagine attaining the level of power to challenge a shinobi of that calibur. At least, not yet..
Back to top Go down
Conceited

Conceited

PostSubject: Re: Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin]   Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2020 2:06 am

23kz1as_th.jpgKali stared silently at Rei for a while, seemingly contemplating rather she should press for more information or gratefully accept the morsels the Uchiha was able to give. Though she was terribly curious about the Iwa situation, pushing Rei for more would be, in a way, disrespectful. She knew the nature of the teen’s job well and thus, knew there was just somethings for ANBU eyes and ears only. It was the price she paid for a safer job, so, she nodded her head and left the subject alone, deciding to continue along the new topic Rei opened up.

“One would have to dwell under a rock to not hear of the rebellion led by some young slaver to forcibly retire a group of arrogant blokes. Men like them never stood a chance. It just took someone realizing that fact.”

It was quite an inspirational story, really. At least, to many who spoke of the whole thing. However, Kali saw it as a potential problem rearing its ugly head. Under the Kiri’s previous leadership, Konoha did not have to fear an actual attack from that village. Though they boast numerous shinobi of various bloodlines, the leadership was laughably incompetent and arrogant to the point of delusion. Their strength was enough to maintain their position among the prominent five, but a threat they were not.

This change in charge, however, changed that. Though the new Mizukage would have to be downright silly to start a conflict with forces far more prepared and more well-rested than her own, she could become a threat in the next five to ten years. And thus, Kali thought it would behoove the Hokage to keep an eye on the Mizukage, so that they could swiftly cut her down at the slightest hint of provocation.

“One can only hope that her ambitions stay within the confines of Kiri, lest she cut her reign short before she even reaches her prime.”

She stated nonchalantly before downing a glass of water.

“And I trust you to get on her level, Rei.”

She added with a wink. All but saying in words that if such an occasion arose, Rei would be sent to deal with it. She was the most promising out of the crop of ANBU. Thus, it was only natural to do so.

"Do you think she will be a problem?"
Back to top Go down
Makishima

Makishima

PostSubject: Re: Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin]   Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 11:16 pm

Rei was thankful that Kali didn't go ahead with questioning her on the mission details, not that it wasn't an exciting story to tell and clearly the Uchiha had made it back with a success. It just wasn't the kind of thing you speak about in public. They moved swiftly onto the political landscape of the Land of Water. "I've already done some digging, there isn't much to be said about her. It's like she just appeared out of thin air. There must be more to unpack there. Either way, it might bring the Mist Village out of stagnation" She shrugged, motioning for a passing server for another drink as she drained what was left of her own. Smirking with a small chuckle at Kali's faith in her abilities.

"I don't think we will have to worry about her. The Mist village has always been isolated. Holding land outside of the island would be difficult and at the same time they have a natural barrier to attacks." Her new drink arrived shortly after, which she took an idle sip from. "I'd be more concerned that someone would think them an easy target after the coup. She seems the type to hold a grudge"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin]   Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steak & Chill [Open to Jounin]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto: Divided Nations :: Hi no Kuni (Fire Country) :: Konohagakure no Sato (Leaf Village) :: Other places-
Jump to: