» Return of the top poster?!
A Lesson for the Tanuki Icon_minitimeby Ika Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:23 am

» A Lesson for the Tanuki
A Lesson for the Tanuki Icon_minitimeby Conceited Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:02 pm

» Meeting the New Generation
A Lesson for the Tanuki Icon_minitimeby OnyxLockdown Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:01 pm

» Ronin (Cl0sed)
A Lesson for the Tanuki Icon_minitimeby Makishima Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:55 pm

A Naruto RP for those into casual, but fast-paced Roleplay in an AU setting.

A Lesson for the Tanuki

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joshua Tamashii

A Lesson for the Tanuki Empty
PostSubject: A Lesson for the Tanuki   A Lesson for the Tanuki Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 4:30 am

"Hm.... I think it could use a few more windows Rin. I understand keeping the wind and sand out, but you need some sunlight on the inside. What if you want to grow a cactus or some flowers from one of the other lands." Lucus said, examining a giant sand structure his adopted daughter had built. The pair of them were standing outside a series of ruins, passing the time as they waited for Anna to arrive.

Today was the day of Rin's first 'mission'. Lucus and Anna called it that but in reality, it was more then a little exercise to test and see how Rin would react in a specific set of circumstances that she might have to face once she was a proper Genin. What that mission was, they were keeping a secret from Rin but that was fine, since it seemed to little jinchuuriki was excited to spend the day with her parents... or at least Anna, since Rin seemed to really dislike Lucus as of late. But for now, Anna was getting something they would need for the 'mission' so he was passing time by having Rin build a massive sand castle and altering it in various ways, some for fun and some for practicality. This way, when she went to make a new building in the village, she would have a better idea what to do.
Back to top Go down
Conceited

Conceited

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson for the Tanuki   A Lesson for the Tanuki Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 2:35 am

yoAybwU.pngRin could not help but shoot Lucus a glare. Not for his critiques, which she did not ask for, but the very audacity to think that she would want outside plants in her sandcastle.

“Rin no need non sand plants in castle.”

She stated with a humph, returning her gaze to her magnificent creation; an architectural phenomenon that would litter the desert she called home if left to her own devices. However, she did add the window - maybe she would want a cacti later down the road. She peered at her creation, her arms dropping to her side as she tilted her head to the left.

A sharp intake of breath later and her hands sprung up, thoroughly destroying the building with a downward motion. She spun around to look at Lucus and a look of utter boredom crossed her face. Her excitement had, clearly, died even with the anticipation of Anna’s arrival.

“Rin explore.”

She chirped, a grin suddenly appearing across her face, and, with that, she quickly departed to investigate the ruins. They could find her when her mother arrived. For now, she would do something fun and maybe, a little reckless.
Back to top Go down
Nakita Arachne

Nakita Arachne

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson for the Tanuki   A Lesson for the Tanuki Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 1:24 pm

"Hey no need to explore and that was getting to be a beautiful sandcastle. "Spoke Anna making her way towards them "Sorry it took me longer then expected to run the errand that I needed to. Isn't that right? It is all set and got the approval and permission for is."She spoke with a smile holding up a scroll "Plus I brought along someone that I think would benefit from this trip." She said moving sideways to let them see the one Anna decided to bring along. She smiled placing the scroll back into her tool pouch before folding her arms "have you done your part of this mission?" she asked lucus

The Medical Puppeter - Anna Rinha - Suna Jounin - 0-5
Ice Lioness - Amaya Yuki - Mist Jounin - 1-1
Spider Girl - Nakita Noctrume -Leaf Genin - 3-3
Blood Medic - Fumiko Hoshiko - Kumo Jounin - 1-2
[Wooden Ox - Raiden Senju - Leaf Jounin - 1-1
Back to top Go down
Joshua Tamashii

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson for the Tanuki   A Lesson for the Tanuki Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2020 6:58 am

Rin didn't get very far at all before a massive wall of wind erupted in front of her, kicking up sand.
"No Rin. You will stay here for a few minutes. Anna will be here soon." He said, his tone stern and commanding, as he was not fooling around this time. It was very rare he spoke to Rin with authority or did anything that could possibly hurt her, but this time he needed her to take this seriously, he he was willing to pull out all the stops.

Thankfully, Anna was there only a minute or two later, allowing Lucus to drop the wind wall along with any additional ones he might've had to bring forth to stop Rin from escaping. He turned his attention to the person behind Anna.
"Ah, Satoko. A pleasure to have you here as well."

"Lady Anna told me to come along. I wasn't going to say no." Satoko said.

"Well, as I said, it's a pleasure to have you here. I think you know Rin, right?"

"Of course I do. Lady Anna talks about her all the time." Satoko said before moving over to Rin and holding out a hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you Rin. My name is Satoko. I'm one of the Rinha, just like Lady Anna."

Moving aside to see how this initial interaction was going to go, Lucus whispered to Rose.
"Yep. We're good to go."
Back to top Go down
Nakita Arachne

Nakita Arachne

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson for the Tanuki   A Lesson for the Tanuki Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2020 1:41 pm

"Good then once these two are accustom to each other, we will be off to continue the mission" she spoke watching Sakoto interaction with Rin "This is Rin, she is part of my team and will be joining us today so I expect you both to get along alright?" she asked happily trying her best to stay positive as part of her scream this was going to end up badly as she watched them closely hoping they will make this a smooth transition as possible.

Once the two were settled she began by leading the way towards their destination of sorts.

Back to top Go down
Conceited

Conceited

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson for the Tanuki   A Lesson for the Tanuki Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2020 10:14 pm

yoAybwU.pngRin practically jumped in fright, her head snapping towards Lucus’ form. She blinked several times, the shock taking just a little bit to wear off before she nearly bristled in anger. The expression on her face turned ugly and her demeanor changed to match, a rare thing for the otherwise happy jinchuuriki. A horrible thought sprang into her head:

Rin build sandcastle on papa!

However, before she could even move to act upon that impulse, Anna arrived. Thus, her mood changed quickly, as if the momentary shift had been just a figment of one’s imagination. She ran to greet her mother with a grin on her face. She didn’t even entirely mind that her mother had brought someone else along - though a pang of jealously did strike her little heart.

She wraps herself around Anna’s waist, her red eyes staring at Satoko with something akin to excitement. Though she initially went to shake hands with the slightly older girl, she quickly aborted the movement. The surprise was written all over her face and she could not help the frown that replaced her smile. However, she quickly schooled it into one of neutrality and shook the hand of Satoko for the sake of her mother.

“Nice to meet.”

Rin said and, though she managed to smile, it was rather disingenuous. Afterward, she quickly moved closer to Anna, a sense of possessiveness overtaking the young genin. It was clear that she did not wish to share her mother with anyone. And, it went without saying, that Satoko immediately found herself on Rin’s bad side. So much so that while following Anna, Rin entertained the idea of building a sandcastle on Satoko.
Back to top Go down
Joshua Tamashii

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson for the Tanuki   A Lesson for the Tanuki Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 3:06 am

"You know, you say 'we' Anna, but in truth, it'll just be 'them'." Lucus said, probably to the horror of Rin. Turning to the two, he spoke. "So, in the ruins ahead, Anna and I have hidden something for you two to find. You two are going to go in there without Anna and me, find the object, and then return it to us. And, since we're treating this as a mission, there will be a reward for you if you finish this 'mission' successfully. So, are there any questions?"

"Yes. Am I really needed for this mission? Rin could do it on her own by the sounds of it." Satoko said.

"As we said earlier, we want to see how well you two can do while working with others. You both have... similar personalities in some regards, for better or for worse. So, like a mission, this is also going to be a test for the two of you." Lucus said

"... I guess I can help then. Shall we get going then Rin?" Satoko asked, turning to the girl who was meant to be her partner.
Back to top Go down
Nakita Arachne

Nakita Arachne

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson for the Tanuki   A Lesson for the Tanuki Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 5:54 pm

"yeah this will properly help me and lucus see how you both work as a team since you both are on my upcoming team due to different situations that I am to handle. Knowing you both well I wanted to make sure you could handle one another "She said with a smile "I have faith in you both and I know you will make me proud" She said trying to be encouraging patting Rin's head feeling the girl wrapped around her waist. She knew by instinct Rin was not thrilled with this but she knew Sakoto wasn't either and it took a lot to get Sakoto to come out this far. Anna just hoped the two wouldn't end up trying to kill each other.

Back to top Go down
Conceited

Conceited

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson for the Tanuki   A Lesson for the Tanuki Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2020 3:06 am

yoAybwU.pngIt took a degree of self-control that, if she thought about, would surprise even Rin for the pint-sized genin to not bare her fangs at Satoko. Even more for her to not promptly deny any sort of similarity between her and the blonde. And, through sheer force of will, she managed to combat the scowl that threaten to make its way onto her face. Despite her displeasure, Rin would not openly display them in front of Anna. She hardly got to see her mother as is and thus, she would behave herself well enough to not disappoint her.

A small remnant of hostility still shone in her eyes, but otherwise, she was tame. It was too bad that she could not bury this ‘teammate’ without arousing the suspicion of her parents and locking herself in for the scolding of the century in addition to the punishment that was guaranteed to follow suit. However, that did not mean that Rin had to be friendly with someone who dares divide Anna’s attention!

“Hope find quick.”

Rin hummed and with that, she quickly disembarked for the ruins to find whatever convoluted item that was hidden within.
Back to top Go down
Joshua Tamashii

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson for the Tanuki   A Lesson for the Tanuki Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2020 12:14 am

"Well, let's hope we don't kill each other." Satoko said, perfectly voicing the adult's concern before she followed Rin down into the ruins. They would run through a long but narrow hallways before finding themselves in a large chamber, the floor covered in sand, as there was a giant hole in the ceiling that had allowed said sand to enter into it over the years.

Reaching the chamber, Satoko would stop as she looked around and frowned.
"Hm... they aren't being particularly clever about this are they? Honestly, I expecting a bit more." She said before kneeling down and scooping up some sand. "Well, I guess we might as well talk to each other while we're here, though Lady Anna warned me that you might not be very open to such a thing. Might as well try. So, do you like being with Lady Anna? What about Lucus?"

----------------

Meanwhile, outside of the ruins.
"So... How much do you want to bet that Rinny 'builds a sandcastle' on top of Satoko? Think we should watch over them so we can get between the two if things go south? Cause we might have to given Rin's inability to share us... well, you, not so much me, with anyone else." Lucus said to Anna.
Back to top Go down
Nakita Arachne

Nakita Arachne

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson for the Tanuki   A Lesson for the Tanuki Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 9:32 pm

"You are lucky she hasn't tried building one on top of you yet ." She spoke to him with a sigh before scratching the back of her head "Man, Trying to lead some team is problem some because of Rin being so protective. I was only chosen to lead the team I have because all three has ties to me, one way or another. However, I have to help her get use to everyone and working together if it is going to help her grow into a possible Chunin. "She added stretching her arms in the air before lacing them behind her head "We will follow them but we will not be assisting them what so ever alright? It is better this way so if those two do happen to get in a fight, we can step in and stop it." She said before following casually after them keeping a distance and not assisting in any way to help them solve this puzzle.

Back to top Go down
Conceited

Conceited

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson for the Tanuki   A Lesson for the Tanuki Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2020 2:05 am

yoAybwU.pngSuspicion flashed in Rin’s red eyes for a fraction of a second. For a second more, she seemed to ponder rather she would have a conversation with this potential parent thief. Ultimately, she came to the conclusion that it would not hurt. Especially since the questions seemed extremely harmless.

“Momma is momma. Course Rin loves. Won’t share papa or momma.”

Her gaze harden into a glare as she stated harshly:

“Don’t get ideas! Find own. Will build castle.”

With her warning thrown down, her gaze softened and she plopped herself on the ground. With an arm propped on her knee and her cheek resting against her knuckles, Rin continued to stare at Satoko. However, any trace of hostility had quickly disappeared.

“Why pick sand?”

Rin finally asked, an eyebrow raised as she watches the Rinha scoop up sand for no discernible reason. It was apparent that despite her dislike for Satoko, she was not averse to helping as it benefitted her greatly. The faster they found whatever Lucus and Anna wanted, the faster she could dismiss the Rinha.
Back to top Go down
Joshua Tamashii

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson for the Tanuki   A Lesson for the Tanuki Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2020 12:14 am

"But Papa isn't Papa eh? Does you no longer get along with Lucus. From what I understand, he's the one that found and adopted you. So, it's thanks to him you get to be with Lady Anna. You know you got him in serious trouble the other day, when you built on top of the Kazekage's office. I hear he was nearly exiled from the village for that." Satoko said before deciding to answer Rin's question. "Because I think I know the general location of where our hidden object is. Look around the room Rin. All I see are pillars and sand. So, where would you hide something in a room like this, since we can't go any deeper into the ruins."

--------------

"Hold up Rose." Lucus said, grabbing her before she got too far. There's a giant hold in the roof of the ruins, right over the room the item is hidden in. We can watch them from there. It'll be easier to hide as well. Whichever way you go, I'm going up there."
Back to top Go down
Conceited

Conceited

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson for the Tanuki   A Lesson for the Tanuki Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2020 11:02 pm

yoAybwU.png“Rin don’t like dad, would share.”

Rin snarled at Satoko comment. Her hand twitched at her side, barely repressing the desire to bury the girl in the sand and leave. How dare she speak on a subject matter that she knew very little about. The absolute gall caused the pint-sized genin to nearly see red and abandon all rational thought that she had. The very insinuation that she did not get along with Lucus was downright absurd and an incredible stretch if Rin ever saw one.

She’d be within her right to suffocate the other genin. However, she held herself back. No one could deny her self-control.

“Satoko knows little, speaks nonsense confidently, and states what Rin knows. Even if Satoko had something new, she still unqualified to speak on Rin family.”

She continued, a sardonic tone evident in her small voice.

“Rin advise Satoko stop courting death.”

The coldness that swirled in her eyes promised a thorough burial if Satoko continued to wear on what little patience she had left. And, not an ounce of remorse would be evident as Satoko’s life meant very little to the jinchuuriki.

“Now. Satoko wants dig, just ask Rin. Suna is Rin sandbox.”

She stated, her tone remaining hostile unlike last time. Her benevolence had boundaries and Satoko had reached them. She had graciously ignored the rather condescending way Satoko answered her question. However, she could not promise kindness on her part from this moment on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson for the Tanuki   A Lesson for the Tanuki Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Lesson for the Tanuki
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto: Divided Nations :: Kaze no Kuni (Wind Country) :: Great Desert :: Random Ruins-
Jump to: