A Naruto RP for those into casual, but fast-paced Roleplay in an AU setting.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

[Open] Casting a New Shadow

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mitsukai

Mitsukai

[Open] Casting a New Shadow Empty
PostSubject: [Open] Casting a New Shadow   [Open] Casting a New Shadow Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 12:45 am

It was the dawn of a new day, the chill of the night before had yet to fully melt away to the heat of the day, an assembly had been called in the large clearing in front of the Administration building. Home of the offices where the day to day business of the village as whole are ran. And more importantly home to the office of the Kazekage, the villages leader. It was details relating to that role that the assembly was called, the previous Kazekage was stepping down. Once their was a decent enough crowd that had gathered an older gentleman, in long flowing robe, a massive hat with the symbol for wind on his head. The man's voice was tired, yet still held with it the every bit of charisma and commanding presence as was expected of one in the role he had served for the better past of the last twenty years of his life, "Good Morning" As the man spoke, the speakers all across the village broadcasted his message to those who for one reason or another had not been able to gather with the rest of the people.

"As you all probably well know by now, I am Ibarra Akatetsu, the current Kazekage, the leader of this village. Over the last few years even though we as a whole have prospered I fear that it is only temporary, while we have been able to sustain ourselves in this desert through the help of greenhouses, and trade, there is no guarantee that it will last nor that we will be able to do more than barely eek out a living here. To that end I have put in motion plans for us to help the country expand northward into the destabilized land of earth, taking their more fertile land for ourselves and leading us to an era of self-sufficiency." Ibarra would pause and let the plan he had laid out sink in, he was basically announcing that the village was going to practically declare war on their neighbors to the north, and if that wasn't enough of a bombshell to be dropped on the village he had another that still needed to be said, "However even I am unable to escape the test of time, as such I am passing my mantle on to the next generation, more specifically to a Jounin you should know all too well, whose success both as a shinobi, and as an instructor, as well as his prowess on a battle field makes him an ideal leader as we enter these tumultuous times."

As Ibarra finished up his spiel he would gesture to a masked man to his right who was now removing his cloak, revealing long silvery white hair that went down to the middle of his back, the outfit that the man wore was rather unique though. A loose fitting white button up collared shirt, made out of cotton, a dark gray set of pants, and sandels. His mask which still sat upon his face was almost completely blank, adorned with just the sand villages hour glass, and the mark for steel on its left cheek. Lifting the mask up and off of his face, a face that would mark him as far younger the the hair would imply, man would now stare out at those who had gathered here before looking off into the distance at the rest of the village while Ibarra continued. "Mugen Konjiki, has been slated to be my successor, and will now be taking up the mantle, though before you go about on your busy days he would like to say a few words for you all."

Ibarra handed not only that over to Mugen, but the microphone he had been speaking into as well, breathing deeply Mugen would lift the device up before speaking. Mugen's voice while quiet "You heard Ibarra, starting today I am the new Kazekage, and we will be planning to take territory from the the land of earth, though before we begin any operations on that front I will be personally reviewing your mission results and reports, both from before my tenure and during it to select an elite group of you to make up the spear of our invasion force. Now as a note to those who are still young and relatively untested. This will not disqualify you, if you work hard and prove yourself to be what we are looking for to be a part of that force by the time we start the assault you will be included in it. Any questions?"

[Open] Casting a New Shadow JGbvtE5
Back to top Go down
Rexy

Rexy

PostSubject: Re: [Open] Casting a New Shadow   [Open] Casting a New Shadow Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 3:54 am

滅日ほろびさざ

As the third Kazekage announced his successor, Saza clapped politely, giving Mugen a well-deserved round of applause before he came up to speak. The long-haired swordsman took the microphone and started his lecture, summarizing the next steps he planned on taking. Moving into the crumbling Earth Country was a good step to take, as no doubt other villages had their eye on the recently vacated swath of territory (especially the opportunistic Lightning Country, he thought sourly) and it would help in diversifying Wind Country's biosphere.

Overall, he approved of the move.

"Then, Yondaime Kazekage-sama," Saza began, "seems like it'd be pretty likely that the other major nations would be interested in Earth Country territory as well. How hard are we planning on fighting for this?" Saza was exceptionally interested in being part of this spearhead force, and he hoped that his considerable scouting abilities would place him high in the list they were considering.

Have a nice day! (Roster)
Back to top Go down
Nakita Arachne

Nakita Arachne

PostSubject: Re: [Open] Casting a New Shadow   [Open] Casting a New Shadow Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 4:21 am

"Geez it is still too early to be awake"growned a silver haired woman rubbing her eyes still too sleepy stsying up last night being none other then Anna Rinha, Adopted mother of the resident jinchruuiki Rin. She listened to the whole announcement of the change in power listening to mugen giving an applause as well yawning as if she had any questions it would be when she could go to sleep again.

Magenta watched the assembly from on top of a barrel to see over the adults. Her pink hair and eyes shinnered in the bare light. She was going to lead this to thebadults she was a genin and didnt have much say what she was to do or want.

"Good job mugen...knew you could do this"Spoke a voice to herself as a older jounin stood against a wall in the back of the crowd listening to the answermentm her two fans resting in her waist band as her white hair flowed innits pigtails with the wind. She was going to be interested seeing how this was to end

The Medical Puppeter - Anna Rinha - Suna Jounin - 0-5
Ice Lioness - Amaya Yuki - Mist Jounin - 1-1
Spider Girl - Nakita Noctrume -Leaf Genin - 3-3
Blood Medic - Fumiko Hoshiko - Kumo Jounin - 1-2
Back to top Go down
Joshua Tamashii

PostSubject: Re: [Open] Casting a New Shadow   [Open] Casting a New Shadow Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 5:02 am

"You need to go to bed earlier for events like this Lady Anna. You're not as young as you used to be so sleep is very important for you." Satoko said in a light, teasing tone before turning serious. "However, I doubt the Land of Earth will take us encroaching on their land lightly. We might be provoking another war. And I worry about the repercussions something like that might cause... you don't think Rin will be employed as a weapon do you? She's not ready for that kind of scenario."

Meanwhile, a short distance away from the crowd, Lucus Griffonbane was at the local playground, looking over a group of children, including his adopted daughter. While the announcement did mean something for everyone there, expecting kids to sit around or understand what was happening was a bit unreasonable, so he was making sure they had safe fun with each other while that was happening. He was also keeping a close eye on Rin to make sure she didn't sneak off and cause trouble.
Back to top Go down
Conceited

Conceited

PostSubject: Re: [Open] Casting a New Shadow   [Open] Casting a New Shadow Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 2:36 am

yoAybwU.pngAs preying eyes stared intently on their seemingly oblivious target, Rin stood atop the playground equipment with a radiant smile plastered on her face. Ruby eyes shone mischievously under the beaming sun and if one looked deeply, they could practically see the beginnings of a devious plan taking root as she stared down at the crowd.

She already found base from her vantage point, her future savior easily identified by her silver hair. Anna would definitely protect her from any scolding Lucus would bring down on her as a result of her actions. Rin did not believe whatever was going on could save her, but Anna definitely could. So, if things went left, gripping her mother’s pant leg as she hid behind her and mumbled something along the lines of ‘I just wanted to see’ was the plan.

So, with her mind made up, she decided to enact her plan. It truly was simple. Though her father was faster than her that wouldn’t matter when she took the high ground. And, luckily for her, she had just the jutsu to give her that advantage and she lived in a literal sandbox, so the material was readily available.

To not arouse suspicion, she moved as if she were ready to leap from the equipment to the grounds below. However, in a ‘flash’ of hand seals, the child would land comfortably on a platform of sand which ascended quickly. And, just like that, she made off like a bandit - never sparing her precious father a single glance.
Back to top Go down
Mitsukai

Mitsukai

PostSubject: Re: [Open] Casting a New Shadow   [Open] Casting a New Shadow Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2020 5:05 am

"We are going to fight as hard as we need to, Ideally due to our position we will be able to carve out a decent enough chunk before they can make their move. And while acquiring the entirety the country would be nice it is not necessary, and protecting that would spread our forces far too thin as it is." Mugen would say answering the question of the currently youngest jounin in the village, the rat sage himself. While it was a fair enough question it's answer should have not required to be said. "Remember, we were molded by the harshness that is the wind countries desert and can fight as fierce if not fiercer than any other shinobi the world has produced. Without cheap little eye gimmicks that the leaf with there fertile ground is famous for, or the sheer brute force of the cloud. And while it would be foolish to dismiss the mist village, outright just because of their distance they would lose their greatest strength if they try to make a move."

Mugen had noticed no other pressing questions among the majority of the crowd as they tried process what he had said. "If no one else has anything pressing at this time, I need to get started on the duties that have been handed down to me, if anyone thinks of questions they can stop by my office at any time for answers. And in our weekly paper, there will be an ask the Kazekage section where I will post the questions and answers, anonymously if the one asking desires so that everyone can be apprised of our directions and plans. While I will not share anything that would be detrimental to the security of our village I will make sure that all questions get answered. Or at the very least talked out."

[Open] Casting a New Shadow JGbvtE5
Back to top Go down
Rexy

Rexy

PostSubject: Re: [Open] Casting a New Shadow   [Open] Casting a New Shadow Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2020 5:37 am

滅日ほろびさざ

Saza's eyes sparkled as Mugen gave his answer. He grinned wildly in approval. "Sounds good to me!"

It seemed that their discussion was going to be quite short aside from that. Mugen notified them that he'd deliver more news via the paper, and it was at that point Saza decided the important part was over. Now, there was bound to be a lot of celebrating tonight as the hat changed hands, and Saza was well aware of what that meant.

Happy hour!

But... not for many hours yet. He eagerly waited until the meeting concluded officially; at that point the celebrations would begin, and as the day waned, he could maybe stalk the bar streets for a good watering hole...

Have a nice day! (Roster)
Back to top Go down
Nakita Arachne

Nakita Arachne

PostSubject: Re: [Open] Casting a New Shadow   [Open] Casting a New Shadow Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2020 8:05 am

"Yes mom! I will try harder. It wouldn't be so bad but when you have a ball of energy that literally can quick sand your entire country if a tantrum flairs up or if she isn't able to get full rest between me and lucus or at least in my arm for some reason. She has way too much energy to get to sleep and need little sleep before she is up and ready. Nirnally lucus has her morning routine so i can sleep. However today she insisted me."She said with a yawn stretching. " As for the land of earth, if mugen thinks of even making Rin a weapon, he has my foot coming for hid ass. I put his mentor in his place knowing she is not a wealon and wont be treated as such. If push comes to shove. I will leave with her to ensure she isnt a weapon"She said

The Medical Puppeter - Anna Rinha - Suna Jounin - 0-5
Ice Lioness - Amaya Yuki - Mist Jounin - 1-1
Spider Girl - Nakita Noctrume -Leaf Genin - 3-3
Blood Medic - Fumiko Hoshiko - Kumo Jounin - 1-2
Back to top Go down
Joshua Tamashii

PostSubject: Re: [Open] Casting a New Shadow   [Open] Casting a New Shadow Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 1:47 am

"I am well aware that Rin can be a handful. I've had to help look after a bit from time to time as well. But, despite all the complaining you just did, I know you love that girl to death and you would never let anything happen to her. And we both know that she in turn loves you greatly." Satoko said before something caught her eye. "Speaking of the little dust devil, she seems to be trying to fly over here. You think Lucus will be able to intercept her?"

Lucus was well aware that Rin wanted to see the ceremony and he was aware enough to see the glint in Rin's eyes that came along with her getting an idea. The fact that the young girl was unable to find her mischievous grin did not help her attempts to hide that she had an idea. So, when her plan was put into action, Lucus was quick to react and catch up to his daughter with a burst of speed, landing on her platform and lifting her up by the back of her overly large T-shirt while her focus was still on her goal.
"And what is my little Tanuki trying to get up to?" He asked her, his tone gentle and somewhat amused.
Back to top Go down
Conceited

Conceited

PostSubject: Re: [Open] Casting a New Shadow   [Open] Casting a New Shadow Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 1:29 am

fMxvhfB.pngBrilliant. Flawless. Downright diabolical - did she use that word right? Those were all words that the pint-sized jinchuuriki would use to describe her very intricate plan. However, before a triumphant sound could bubble force, a surprised squeak sprang from her lips.

One moment, her feet were curled comfortably in her sandy platform and the next, empty air suddenly existed between her and said get away vehicle. Instinctively, she jerked her head up to see who dared to thrawt her escape attempt, but she already knew only one person was so bold.

“No fair!”

She cried out in indignation. And, if she weren’t being held by the scruff of her neck, she would have stomped her tiny feet to further showcase her displeasure.

“Let go! Rin wanna see! Will tell momma that dad being mean, build sandcastle on ya!”

She stated as she struggled to free herself from Lucus’ grasp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Open] Casting a New Shadow   [Open] Casting a New Shadow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Open] Casting a New Shadow
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto: Divided Nations :: Kaze no Kuni (Wind Country) :: Sunagakure no Sato (Village Hidden in the Sand) :: Administration Building-
Jump to: